Tesco relaunches YouTube channels
Tesco has relaunched and simplified its YouTube channels as part of a wider strategy to produce a coherent and unified social media strategy.
Tesco: updates YouTube Channel
The supermarket has combined nine of its former YouTube channels to create five consistent branded channels, which include "food & wine", "lifestyle", "technology", "clothing" and an over-arching Tesco channel curating content from all four.
Digital agency Zone has created the channel and claims YouTube-owner Google has cited the new identity as a "best in class" example of how brands can leverage YouTube.
The aim of the new site is to provide a more unified customer experience and allow the cross-promotion of content more effectively.
Tom Daniell, head of digital marketing at Tesco, said Zone was hired in June to help Tesco to "understand how to manage our video content with consistency and efficiency so it best serves our customers".
Prior to the launch of the new YouTube channel the Tesco.com TV channel had only added around 30 videos since launching in 2007, while channels such as Tesco Greener Living and Tesco Mobile Network were last updated in 2010.
Only the supermarket’s recipe ideas channel, Tesco Real Food, had been consistently updated, with nearly 250 videos added since July 2010, while the Tesco Magazine channel was updated more than 100 times in the same period.
It is understood that Tesco will also overhaul its other social media platforms.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...