Xbox takes over Liechtenstein for Halo 4 launch
Xbox has replicated the universe from its 'Halo 4' game by transforming major Liechtenstein landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
Halo fans from 16 different countries including the UK were given the chance to take part in a theatrical experience when they travelled to a Halo 'war zone', complete with pyrotechnic explosions and cinematic sound effects and sets.
The experience included 15 actors taking guests on a two-hour adventure that saw them decode a series of clues to fight off the threat of an attack.
Content from the experience will be seeded on social media channels including Facebook and YouTube. PR agency JCPR co-ordinated the journalists invited to the event.
Chris Lewis, vice-president of Microsoft EMEA's interactive entertainment business, said: "From the world's first-ever red-carpet premieres for a video game, to sending a man strapped to a jet-pack 50-foot above London's iconic skyline, 'Halo' launches have continually broken the mould and we are back with a colossal bang for 'Halo 4', transforming a country on the biggest scale imaginable.
Microsoft has already launched a trailer for the game, which was produced by film director David Fincher, the director of 'Fight Club', ahead of its launch on 6 November.
The 'Halo' franchise has sold 46 million copies worldwide since launch in 2001, with Microsoft estimating the franchise is worth $3bn (£1.9bn).Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London