Just Eat enters ad character in by-election
Just Eat, the takeaway food ordering service, has entered one of its advertising characters into the Corby by-election.
Mr Mozzarella: Just Eat ad character
Mr Mozzarella has featured in two ads in Just Eat's new campaign, which shows a group of chefs he leads taking on foodies with the message, "Don't cook, just eat".
The by-election, which takes place on 15 November, was prompted by the resignation of Conservative MP Louise Mensch.
The character is campaigning as an independent on behalf of the Don’t Cook Party, which has been registered as an official party with the Electoral Commission, according to Richard Murfitt, head of brand marketing at Just Eat.
Murfitt claimed the idea of entering the election, which builds on the brand’s manifesto-type marketing and TV advertising, had come out of people within the business.
"This is our first foray into politics," he said. "It’s a kind of suck it and see approach."
Murfitt will be spending the next two weeks in Corby helping the campaign, which will aim to win publicity by offering facepainting of ‘Mr Mozzarella’ moustaches and rickshaw rides.
Just Eat has created a Don't Cook Party website to engage people with the campaign, and will soon offer the ability to make a donation to the party via the website.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London