Bacardi in global CMO change as Silvia Lagnado leaves
Silvia Lagnado, the chief marketing officer of Bacardi and president of Bacardi Global Brands, is leaving the company in the next few months "to pursue other interests".
Bacardi, which owns the eponymous rum brand as well as Grey Goose vodka, Dewar’s whisky and Martini vermouth, said a replacement would be announced in due course.
Ed Shirley, president and chief executive officer of Bacardi Limited, said: "We thank Silvia for her contributions and dedication to the Company and wish her every success."
The news of her departure comes in the middle of global ad reviews for Dewar’s and Bacardi.
Lagnado joined Bacardi in 2010, having worked at Unilever for 24 years.
She worked on the Dove toiletry brand, including campaigns such as "Campaign for Real Beauty", but was most recently executive vice-president for savoury products at the FMCG giant.
At Bacardi Lagnado replaced Stella David, who stepped down from the role of chief marketing officer in August 2009. David had spent 15 years at Bacardi and left to join William Grant & Sons as chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London