Bacardi in global CMO change as Silvia Lagnado leaves
Silvia Lagnado, the chief marketing officer of Bacardi and president of Bacardi Global Brands, is leaving the company in the next few months "to pursue other interests".
Bacardi, which owns the eponymous rum brand as well as Grey Goose vodka, Dewar’s whisky and Martini vermouth, said a replacement would be announced in due course.
Ed Shirley, president and chief executive officer of Bacardi Limited, said: "We thank Silvia for her contributions and dedication to the Company and wish her every success."
The news of her departure comes in the middle of global ad reviews for Dewar’s and Bacardi.
Lagnado joined Bacardi in 2010, having worked at Unilever for 24 years.
She worked on the Dove toiletry brand, including campaigns such as "Campaign for Real Beauty", but was most recently executive vice-president for savoury products at the FMCG giant.
At Bacardi Lagnado replaced Stella David, who stepped down from the role of chief marketing officer in August 2009. David had spent 15 years at Bacardi and left to join William Grant & Sons as chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London