Acer picks DWA as EMEA media agency for Aspire s7 campaign
Acer has appointed independent media agency DWA to handle the EMEA media planning and buying for its Aspire s7 campaign.
DWA has handled the media planning and buying across the EMEA region for the recent campaign by the Taiwanese hardware and electronics company, featuring Hollywood actress Megan Fox.
It is understood that Acer was awarded the business in the run-up to the s5 campaign starring Kiefer Sutherland in August, though it is not clear whether the appointment is a long-term one.
According to sources, the Acer account was previously handled by an in-house unit called Circle Line.
Anton Mitsyuk, EMEA marketing director of Acer, said: "We selected DWA as they demonstrated a significant depth of knowledge and understanding of the international technology sector.
"It's critical that our valued partners bring an insight not just into the category, but also into how media is consumed across all of our key EMEA markets, with a particular emphasis on social media engagement."
David Wood, chief executive of DWA Group, said: "In the global technology sector, Acer is widely recognised as an important pioneer in the personal computing space. With all its brands Acer, which is dominant in a number of primary EMEA markets, is writing a new and important marketing chapter".
DWA works exclusively in the technology sector, with eight offices across EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
The Megan Fox spot opens with a short Intel sting. The global Intel media account is handled by OMD.
Acer declined to comment other than to confirm the win.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall