Sky, Lloyds and Vodafone first UK advertisers on Windows 8
Sky, Lloyds TSB and Vodafone are among the first UK advertisers to roll out in-app ad campaigns on Microsoft's new Windows 8 platform.
Microsoft Windows 8: Sky, Lloyds and Vodafone on board
Microsoft has enabled rich media ad campaigns, which can include video and games, in apps on its new operating system, which spans mobile, tablet and PC.
The line-up of Microsoft apps includes news, sport, weather and finance. At least 25 advertisers have signed up, including 20th Century Fox and Nissan, which are both running global campaigns.
Eithne Anderson, head of marketing communications for Lloyds TSB, said: "The new platform is a great tool for us to deliver consistent brand experiences to our audiences across the different devices and apps they use, without interrupting their journey.
"This fits well with our ethos of providing customers with the right banking messages and experiences at the right time, on the right device."
BSkyB is running a campaign to promote its Sky Broadband Unlimited package. Lyssa McGowan, brand director, communications products at BSkyB said: "With consumers demanding more than ever from their broadband provider, like Microsoft we’re keen to do as much as we can to help our customers make the most of their time online."
Andy Hart, general manager of advertising and online at Microsoft Advertising UK, echoed comments made by Microsoft’s chief executive Steve Ballmer, describing the launch as "a new era".
He said: "This era is marked by innovative devices and services that are integrated and work together seamlessly, and by new advertising experiences that are beautiful, relevant, and valuable to consumers and advertisers alike."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Birmingham
- Tech Account Executive, Croydon, £23-27k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Croydon