Samsung trumps Apple at Stuff awards
Samsung's Galaxy SIII smartphone has beaten arch-rival Apple's iPhone 5 and iPad to Gadget of the Year at this year's Stuff awards.
Samsung Galaxy SIII: gadget of year and best smartphone at the Stuff awards
The Galaxy SIII also scooped the Smartphone of the Year award at last night's O2 Guru TV-sponsored award ceremony at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden.
Google, Sony, Philips and Sky were also among the winners of the 20 categories that seek to award the best technology from the preceding 12 months.
Will Findlater, editor at Stuff magazine, said: "2012 has been a landmark year for technology, particularly in the tablet and smartphone spaces.
"While Apple's gadgets have been exemplary, its competitors have made even greater strides – and the Galaxy S III, with its 4.8in HD screen and unique interface innovations, shows that Samsung has made the greatest strides of all."
Despite being nominated for six awards, Apple won only the Computer of the Year category for its MacBook Pro with retina display.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London