Samsung trumps Apple at Stuff awards
Samsung's Galaxy SIII smartphone has beaten arch-rival Apple's iPhone 5 and iPad to Gadget of the Year at this year's Stuff awards.
Samsung Galaxy SIII: gadget of year and best smartphone at the Stuff awards
The Galaxy SIII also scooped the Smartphone of the Year award at last night's O2 Guru TV-sponsored award ceremony at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden.
Google, Sony, Philips and Sky were also among the winners of the 20 categories that seek to award the best technology from the preceding 12 months.
Will Findlater, editor at Stuff magazine, said: "2012 has been a landmark year for technology, particularly in the tablet and smartphone spaces.
"While Apple's gadgets have been exemplary, its competitors have made even greater strides – and the Galaxy S III, with its 4.8in HD screen and unique interface innovations, shows that Samsung has made the greatest strides of all."
Despite being nominated for six awards, Apple won only the Computer of the Year category for its MacBook Pro with retina display.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...