Nike launches Kinect-based fitness programme
The fruit of Nike's latest tie-up with a technology brand, a fitness training programme for the Xbox with the Kinect motion sensor controller, launches in the UK today.
Nike+ Kinect Training: fitness training programme via the Xbox launches in UK
Nike+ Kinect Training is a personalised training experience, which combines Nike's elite athlete training with Kinect’s motion-sensor technology.
Users can set a goal, create a programme and measure their progress with Kinect technology and real-time feedback.
The tie-up comes six years after Nike and Apple got together to launch the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, a wireless system that allowed Nike+ footwear to connect to the iPod nano.
AKQA is Nike's strategic partner for the launch and built elements of the user experience, as well as a companion app which is available on iOS and Windows Phone from today (2 November).
Tesa Aragones, category director for digital sport at Nike, told Marketing that the new launch enabled Nike to target the fitness consumer for the first time, unlike previous Nike+ experiences which were sports specific.
She said: "Nike has always been about innovation, and the Nike+ in digital sports is trying to deliver information to consumers, to track their progress and get better athletes."
Aragones added that while other fitness titles already existed on Xbox, "what makes our product unique is that we have tried to create something which is very authentic to how we train our elite athletes, and extremely personal".
Nike is supporting the launch with a TV ad, created in conjunction with Xbox, but did not provide details of the on-air date. Nike and AKQA have created some teaser videos of the product, which feature Nike athletes Shawn Johnson and DeSean Jackson using the product.
Nike launched Nike+ Kinect training in the US earlier this week and is rolling it out globally.
Separately, Nike took out a cover wrap ad on today’s Metro, advertising its FuelBand, which launched in the UK in May this year.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais