Lord Sugar and Michael O'Leary negotiate Ryanair ad deal
Lord Sugar and Michael O'Leary have agreed a deal for Ryanair to run the first international ad campaign with localised content across Sugar's Amscreen digital outdoor network.
Lord Sugar: Ryanair to run ad campaign on Sugar's Amscreen digital outdoor network
The deal, which was negotiated between Sugar and O’Leary personally, will begin with ads promoting Ryanair's lowest-price messaging on screens close to the airline's airports in the UK, Germany and Poland.
Ryanair will use Amscreen's Adlive service, which allows a single creative execution to be modified locally using an online portal, to deliver an international campaign with locally controlled content.
The campaign, which will be designed by Ryanair's in-house team, is expected to expand to Switzerland, Austria and other European countries as Amscreen expands.
O’Leary, chief executive of Ryanair, said: "Ryanair has never advertised in this way before, but doing it with Amscreen is a total no-brainer. We can get tailored low-price messages out to millions of potential customers across Europe, at the touch of a button.
"The best thing is if I am sitting at my desk in Dublin and decide that I want to take down the price of flights out of Germany, we can get that ad onto a screen in Berlin within minutes.
"I'm delighted we've come to this arrangement with Lord Sugar and am confident it will deliver immediate real results for Ryanair."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)