First look: EE ad with Kevin Bacon
EE, the brand previously known as Everything Everywhere, has unveiled its first multi-million pound TV ad campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi starring Hollywood A-lister, Kevin Bacon.
The first 115-second ad, which launches tomorrow during The X Factor on ITV, will promote the UK’s first superfast 4G mobile and Fibre Broadband service.
Inspired by the six degrees of Kevin Bacon concept, the ad sees Kevin Bacon show how he’s linked to people from all over the world - from Tom Hanks to Ken Barlow from Coronation Street – and informs viewers how they can become just like him by joining a connected network.
The TV ad will be followed by four other TV spots, also featuring Bacon, which will air across the rest of the year and into 2013. The campaign will also run across press, digital and outdoor media.
A 65-second cut-down of the launch film will air on cinema screens nationwide for four weeks, before being replaced with a new 65-second spot promoting EE Film Club, featuring five of Bacon’s best-known movie characters debating which film to see at the cinema.
Rob Potts and Andy Jex were the executive creative directors on the ad. Potts was also the copywriter and Jex was the art director. The ad was directed by Ringan Ledwidge. Rattling Stick was the production company behind the spot.
The fully integrated campaign includes social and digital elements created by Poke. Publicis Chemistry handled the direct mail, retail and parts of the digital communications. MEC handled the media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...