Microsoft creates giant slide to promote 'fast and fun' Windows 8
Microsoft has started UK marketing activity for its new Windows 8 operating system by installing a giant slide in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
Microsoft: giant slide at Bluewater promotes the new Windows 8 operating system
The IT and tech giant set up the slide over the weekend, giving shoppers an alternative to using the stairs and presenting Windows 8 as "fast and fun".
Every slider had their picture taken as they went down the slide, receiving a print photo of themselves afterwards. Their pictures were also shared on a giant LED screen, managed by digital outdoor media owner RAM Vision, in the shopping centre, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Participants who tweeted a picture of themselves with the #fastandfun hashtag were entered into a competition to win prizes, including an HP tablet.
The campaign was conceived by Microsoft’s agency Jam, with Slice handling the experiential build.
The launch of Windows 8 is a major milestone for Microsoft, as it seeks to better compete with Apple and Google.
It is preparing a major global marketing assault, which will be Microsoft's biggest period of sustained marketing activity in its 37-year history.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...