Microsoft creates giant slide to promote 'fast and fun' Windows 8
Microsoft has started UK marketing activity for its new Windows 8 operating system by installing a giant slide in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
Microsoft: giant slide at Bluewater promotes the new Windows 8 operating system
The IT and tech giant set up the slide over the weekend, giving shoppers an alternative to using the stairs and presenting Windows 8 as "fast and fun".
Every slider had their picture taken as they went down the slide, receiving a print photo of themselves afterwards. Their pictures were also shared on a giant LED screen, managed by digital outdoor media owner RAM Vision, in the shopping centre, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Participants who tweeted a picture of themselves with the #fastandfun hashtag were entered into a competition to win prizes, including an HP tablet.
The campaign was conceived by Microsoft’s agency Jam, with Slice handling the experiential build.
The launch of Windows 8 is a major milestone for Microsoft, as it seeks to better compete with Apple and Google.
It is preparing a major global marketing assault, which will be Microsoft's biggest period of sustained marketing activity in its 37-year history.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)