Microsoft creates giant slide to promote 'fast and fun' Windows 8
Microsoft has started UK marketing activity for its new Windows 8 operating system by installing a giant slide in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
Microsoft: giant slide at Bluewater promotes the new Windows 8 operating system
The IT and tech giant set up the slide over the weekend, giving shoppers an alternative to using the stairs and presenting Windows 8 as "fast and fun".
Every slider had their picture taken as they went down the slide, receiving a print photo of themselves afterwards. Their pictures were also shared on a giant LED screen, managed by digital outdoor media owner RAM Vision, in the shopping centre, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Participants who tweeted a picture of themselves with the #fastandfun hashtag were entered into a competition to win prizes, including an HP tablet.
The campaign was conceived by Microsoft’s agency Jam, with Slice handling the experiential build.
The launch of Windows 8 is a major milestone for Microsoft, as it seeks to better compete with Apple and Google.
It is preparing a major global marketing assault, which will be Microsoft's biggest period of sustained marketing activity in its 37-year history.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire