Microsoft creates giant slide to promote 'fast and fun' Windows 8
Microsoft has started UK marketing activity for its new Windows 8 operating system by installing a giant slide in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
Microsoft: giant slide at Bluewater promotes the new Windows 8 operating system
The IT and tech giant set up the slide over the weekend, giving shoppers an alternative to using the stairs and presenting Windows 8 as "fast and fun".
Every slider had their picture taken as they went down the slide, receiving a print photo of themselves afterwards. Their pictures were also shared on a giant LED screen, managed by digital outdoor media owner RAM Vision, in the shopping centre, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Participants who tweeted a picture of themselves with the #fastandfun hashtag were entered into a competition to win prizes, including an HP tablet.
The campaign was conceived by Microsoft’s agency Jam, with Slice handling the experiential build.
The launch of Windows 8 is a major milestone for Microsoft, as it seeks to better compete with Apple and Google.
It is preparing a major global marketing assault, which will be Microsoft's biggest period of sustained marketing activity in its 37-year history.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)