Hiscox hires Will Abbott as UK marketing director
Freesat marketer Will Abbott is to join insurance brand Hiscox in January as its UK marketing director.
Will Abbott: joining Hiscox as UK marketing director
Abbott will report to Kate Markham, head of UK Direct at the company. He fills the role left vacant by Annabel Venner, who was promoted to a global marketing role in September.
Abbott joined free-to-air digital satellite TV provider Freesat's launch team as marketing and communications director four years ago.
Before that, he had held senior marketing roles at Complan Foods and BSkyB. Freesat is yet to name a replacement for Abbott.
His departure comes as the brand faces tough competition in the TV market. In September, Freesat launched its 'next-generation' set-top box, which undercuts catch-up service YouView's price by £20.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Bespoke Data and Display Reporting Manager Â– Top Client Â– Up to £35k! SYLEX Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £53000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, City of London