Hiscox hires Will Abbott as UK marketing director
Freesat marketer Will Abbott is to join insurance brand Hiscox in January as its UK marketing director.
Will Abbott: joining Hiscox as UK marketing director
Abbott will report to Kate Markham, head of UK Direct at the company. He fills the role left vacant by Annabel Venner, who was promoted to a global marketing role in September.
Abbott joined free-to-air digital satellite TV provider Freesat's launch team as marketing and communications director four years ago.
Before that, he had held senior marketing roles at Complan Foods and BSkyB. Freesat is yet to name a replacement for Abbott.
His departure comes as the brand faces tough competition in the TV market. In September, Freesat launched its 'next-generation' set-top box, which undercuts catch-up service YouView's price by £20.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London