Hiscox hires Will Abbott as UK marketing director
Freesat marketer Will Abbott is to join insurance brand Hiscox in January as its UK marketing director.
Will Abbott: joining Hiscox as UK marketing director
Abbott will report to Kate Markham, head of UK Direct at the company. He fills the role left vacant by Annabel Venner, who was promoted to a global marketing role in September.
Abbott joined free-to-air digital satellite TV provider Freesat's launch team as marketing and communications director four years ago.
Before that, he had held senior marketing roles at Complan Foods and BSkyB. Freesat is yet to name a replacement for Abbott.
His departure comes as the brand faces tough competition in the TV market. In September, Freesat launched its 'next-generation' set-top box, which undercuts catch-up service YouView's price by £20.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Berkshire