NME Awards partners with Spotify
Music-streaming service Spotify has signed up as official digital music partner of the NME Awards 2013.
NME Awards: Spotify signs up as official digital music partner
Spotify will provide the soundtrack for 2013's NME Awards, giving music fans the opportunity to listen to playlists featuring NME-nominated bands and exclusive artist playlists.
Spotify will also be the official sponsor of the Best New Band award, previous winners of which have included Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts and The Vaccines.
According to NME, this step marks the next phase of a "strong partnership" after a year that saw the NME app launch on Spotify and a collaboration to host the NME Spotify Signing Tent at the Reading and Leeds festivals.
Nikki Lambert, European marketing director at Spotify, said: "As one of the most respected music editorial voices in the world, we are very excited to continue to strengthen our relationship with NME through our partnership with the 2013 NME Awards. We'll be showcasing and celebrating the nominated bands and sharing some exciting exclusive music content over the coming weeks and months."
The NME Awards event takes place on Wednesday 27 February 2013 at East London venue, Troxy.
NME recently announced that it would be launching its Club NME showcase for new talent in Brazil.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London