Halo symbol flown over London for game launch
Microsoft continued its attempts to grab attention for the launch of 'Halo 4' for the Xbox 360 by flying the game's Glyph symbol over London last night.
Halo: symbol over Tower Bridge
Suspended from a helicopter, the symbol flew over the River Thames from Greenwich Peninsula to Tower Bridge, as part of a project led by AKQA.
Chris Lewis, vice president, interactive entertainment business at Microsoft EMEA, said: "’Halo’ launches are renowned for being entertainment game-changers and we are back with our most ambitious projects to date."
"The Glyph flyover makes the seemingly impossible world of science fiction a reality, a 50 foot symbol of the Didact hovering in the skies of a major capital city, seems a fitting way to herald the next chapter of this phenomenal blockbuster franchise."
Fans were able to buy the game at midnight openings in 40 countries at more than 10,000 stores including more than 350 locations in UK, including the flagship event at GAME Westfield Stratford.
Marketing activity for Halo is backed by record levels of marketing investment for the launch of an Xbox game, according to Andy Irving, the brand’s UK senior product manager.
A 60-second TV spot, produced by David Fincher, director of The Social Network, broke in October, while a second ad, using consumers' Facebook information, is to run on Channel 4.
Last week the Halo universe was recreated in Liechtenstein by transforming major landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London