Halo symbol flown over London for game launch
Microsoft continued its attempts to grab attention for the launch of 'Halo 4' for the Xbox 360 by flying the game's Glyph symbol over London last night.
Halo: symbol over Tower Bridge
Suspended from a helicopter, the symbol flew over the River Thames from Greenwich Peninsula to Tower Bridge, as part of a project led by AKQA.
Chris Lewis, vice president, interactive entertainment business at Microsoft EMEA, said: "’Halo’ launches are renowned for being entertainment game-changers and we are back with our most ambitious projects to date."
"The Glyph flyover makes the seemingly impossible world of science fiction a reality, a 50 foot symbol of the Didact hovering in the skies of a major capital city, seems a fitting way to herald the next chapter of this phenomenal blockbuster franchise."
Fans were able to buy the game at midnight openings in 40 countries at more than 10,000 stores including more than 350 locations in UK, including the flagship event at GAME Westfield Stratford.
Marketing activity for Halo is backed by record levels of marketing investment for the launch of an Xbox game, according to Andy Irving, the brand’s UK senior product manager.
A 60-second TV spot, produced by David Fincher, director of The Social Network, broke in October, while a second ad, using consumers' Facebook information, is to run on Channel 4.
Last week the Halo universe was recreated in Liechtenstein by transforming major landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)