Marie Claire to debut NFC technology for magazine ad
Marie Claire is to debut a near field communications (NFC)-enabled ad in its pages, after striking a deal with healthcare business Nuffield Health.
Marie Claire: publishes NFC-enabled ad in its December issue
IPC, the publisher of Marie Claire, is claiming it is the first UK magazine to use the NFC technology.
The NFC-enabled ad will give readers access to additional content, when they point their smartphones at the ad.
Readers who want to use the technology place their NFC-enabled smartphone on the ad which launches a webpage offering a free two-day Nuffield Health pass. The ad is running in a number of subscription copies of the December issue. The issue goes on sale tomorrow (8 November).
The NFC technology used in the campaign was supplied by specialist marketing company Kyp, which worked with IPC's innovation unit on the deal. MediaCom planned and bought the campaign.
Brands which have hitherto tried NFC technology include Unilever's Magnum, Toni&Guy, Lynx and Vaseline. Barclaycard and Orange have also been major proponents of the service in Britain.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London