Marie Claire to debut NFC technology for magazine ad
Marie Claire is to debut a near field communications (NFC)-enabled ad in its pages, after striking a deal with healthcare business Nuffield Health.
Marie Claire: publishes NFC-enabled ad in its December issue
IPC, the publisher of Marie Claire, is claiming it is the first UK magazine to use the NFC technology.
The NFC-enabled ad will give readers access to additional content, when they point their smartphones at the ad.
Readers who want to use the technology place their NFC-enabled smartphone on the ad which launches a webpage offering a free two-day Nuffield Health pass. The ad is running in a number of subscription copies of the December issue. The issue goes on sale tomorrow (8 November).
The NFC technology used in the campaign was supplied by specialist marketing company Kyp, which worked with IPC's innovation unit on the deal. MediaCom planned and bought the campaign.
Brands which have hitherto tried NFC technology include Unilever's Magnum, Toni&Guy, Lynx and Vaseline. Barclaycard and Orange have also been major proponents of the service in Britain.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)