Marie Claire to debut NFC technology for magazine ad
Marie Claire is to debut a near field communications (NFC)-enabled ad in its pages, after striking a deal with healthcare business Nuffield Health.
Marie Claire: publishes NFC-enabled ad in its December issue
IPC, the publisher of Marie Claire, is claiming it is the first UK magazine to use the NFC technology.
The NFC-enabled ad will give readers access to additional content, when they point their smartphones at the ad.
Readers who want to use the technology place their NFC-enabled smartphone on the ad which launches a webpage offering a free two-day Nuffield Health pass. The ad is running in a number of subscription copies of the December issue. The issue goes on sale tomorrow (8 November).
The NFC technology used in the campaign was supplied by specialist marketing company Kyp, which worked with IPC's innovation unit on the deal. MediaCom planned and bought the campaign.
Brands which have hitherto tried NFC technology include Unilever's Magnum, Toni&Guy, Lynx and Vaseline. Barclaycard and Orange have also been major proponents of the service in Britain.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...