Video: EasyJet's Peter Duffy on the Sophie Morgan tweet
Following his presentation at IAB Engage, Brand Republic's Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith talks to Peter Duffy, marketing director for EasyJet, about Sophie Morgan, C4's Paralympic presenter who took to Twitter to complain about the airline's disabled access.
Last month Morgan accused the airline of discrimination against the disabled when she tweeted: "Please can you retweet: @easyjet won't let me fly as I am disabled and unable to get to an exit or climb stairs. It's discrimination."
In reply, Duffy said: "In terms of the Sophie Morgan story, we made the decision because Sophie was tweeting that we wouldn't respond about quite specific details to do with her flight, because we didn't agree with Sophie in terms of what was being said specifically.
"What we are going to do is partake in a very clear debate about what the issues are for passengers with disabiliities and travelling and how we as an industry can begin to work together to improve things for them to make sure it works for them as well as it needs to."
Duffy also discussed the airline's new digital marketing strategy and its recent London/Moscow route win.
Video produced by Ben Hall and Georgina Brazier. Follow the producers on twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London