Video: EasyJet's Peter Duffy on the Sophie Morgan tweet
Following his presentation at IAB Engage, Brand Republic's Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith talks to Peter Duffy, marketing director for EasyJet, about Sophie Morgan, C4's Paralympic presenter who took to Twitter to complain about the airline's disabled access.
Last month Morgan accused the airline of discrimination against the disabled when she tweeted: "Please can you retweet: @easyjet won't let me fly as I am disabled and unable to get to an exit or climb stairs. It's discrimination."
In reply, Duffy said: "In terms of the Sophie Morgan story, we made the decision because Sophie was tweeting that we wouldn't respond about quite specific details to do with her flight, because we didn't agree with Sophie in terms of what was being said specifically.
"What we are going to do is partake in a very clear debate about what the issues are for passengers with disabiliities and travelling and how we as an industry can begin to work together to improve things for them to make sure it works for them as well as it needs to."
Duffy also discussed the airline's new digital marketing strategy and its recent London/Moscow route win.
Video produced by Ben Hall and Georgina Brazier. Follow the producers on twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)