Lego calls creative review
Lego is looking for an advertising agency to handle its UK brand campaign for 2013.
Lego...has worked with RKCR/y&R and McCann Erickson
The children’s toy brand has been in direct contact with agencies to invite them to take part in a pitch, which is being run out of its headquarters in Denmark.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis.
In the past, Lego has worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which won the brand’s global advertising account in 2001, and McCann Erickson, which was appointed to handle its global strategy in 2000.
Lego’s most-recent advertising includes a 17-minute animated film that traces its origins back to a carpenter in 30s Denmark. The online video, created by Lani Pixels, was shared more than 27,000 times in seven days.
During this year’s Olympic Games, Lego released a Team GB-themed outdoor campaign. The work consisted of 35 executions, created by the agency Dazzleship, featuring Lego Team GB figures and a strapline wishing athletes good luck.
In April, the brand recruited the presenter Ben Fogle as the first celebrity face of its toy ranges in the UK for a social media campaign.
Fogle fronted "the great forest escape" online campaign for the brand’s Forest Police products, the latest sub-theme in the Lego City range.
Lego was involved in some controversy earlier this month because of a promotion it ran in The Sun. The brand was targeted by a group campaigning for The Sun to drop its Page 3 photos of topless models. The group produced a spoof image of a Lego Page 3 model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...