Power 100 Next Generation: Neil Potter, brand communications manager, Nike
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Nike's Neil Potter
What the agency says: ‘He’s dedicated to the brand and has the courage to take risks.’
Success beyond years and peers: He led on Nike’s UK football activity this year, with responsibility for the pioneering Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney films, part of the 'My Time is Now' campaign. Last year he ran the Champions League 'Glory is Ours' campaign, which started in the UK and went global.
Brand passion: ‘I'm a sports-nut, so working for Nike was something I had always dreamed of. I now consider it a personal insult if any of my friends or family wear clothing or trainers from a competitor sports brand.’
Advice to even younger self: ‘Learn as much as you can from everyone around you.’
Proudest project: ‘The tactical campaign we created around Rooney's comeback to the England squad during the Euro Championships this summer.’
Background: Studied business at university and was attracted to marketing because of the mix between business and creativity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London