BT Vision adds British Eurosport to the line-up
BT has struck a deal with British Eurosport to add two of its channels to its TV service BT Vision.
Jake Humphreys: will host BT’s Barclays Premier League football coverage
The deal means BT Vision customers will be able to watch sports events including the French Open, Australian Open, Tour de France and World Snooker on the British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2 channels.
As well as offering the channels live, it will provide a catch-up service for the content.
The channel will go on air towards the end of November, and follows the launch of several other linear channels on BT Vision, including National Geographic, UKTV's Gold and FX.
Marc Watson, chief executive of BT Vision, said: "We're really pleased to be able to add them to our line-up following on from the Barclays Premier League broadcast rights that we have secured. We think BT Vision is becoming the top value-for-money TV choice for sports fans."
The deal bolsters BT's sports offering, ahead of the launch of a sports channel building on its live rights to the Premier League in the summer of next year.
In its recent financial results, BT revealed it had more than 750,000 customers on BT Vision.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London