Power 100 Next Generation: Rachel Ovel, head of marketing, The Sun
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Biggest career challenge ‘I was marketing manager on News Of The World when it closed last year. No amount of planning or experience could prepare me for the closure of a 168-year-old brand. Oh, and my role launching the Sunday edition of The Sun in a week.’
What the agency says ‘A rising star.’
Bext quality The ability to talk to anyone. ‘A trait I get from my nan.’
Brand passion ‘I still get a buzz when I see people reading The Sun on the train. I want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them that I work there.’
Advice to younger self ‘The customer is king. You won’t go far wrong if you keep that front of mind in everything you do.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...