Power 100 Next Generation: Rachel Ovel, head of marketing, The Sun
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Biggest career challenge ‘I was marketing manager on News Of The World when it closed last year. No amount of planning or experience could prepare me for the closure of a 168-year-old brand. Oh, and my role launching the Sunday edition of The Sun in a week.’
What the agency says ‘A rising star.’
Bext quality The ability to talk to anyone. ‘A trait I get from my nan.’
Brand passion ‘I still get a buzz when I see people reading The Sun on the train. I want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them that I work there.’
Advice to younger self ‘The customer is king. You won’t go far wrong if you keep that front of mind in everything you do.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London