Power 100 Next Generation: Rachel Ovel, head of marketing, The Sun
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Biggest career challenge ‘I was marketing manager on News Of The World when it closed last year. No amount of planning or experience could prepare me for the closure of a 168-year-old brand. Oh, and my role launching the Sunday edition of The Sun in a week.’
What the agency says ‘A rising star.’
Bext quality The ability to talk to anyone. ‘A trait I get from my nan.’
Brand passion ‘I still get a buzz when I see people reading The Sun on the train. I want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them that I work there.’
Advice to younger self ‘The customer is king. You won’t go far wrong if you keep that front of mind in everything you do.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London