Power 100 Next Generation: Rachel Ovel, head of marketing, The Sun
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Biggest career challenge ‘I was marketing manager on News Of The World when it closed last year. No amount of planning or experience could prepare me for the closure of a 168-year-old brand. Oh, and my role launching the Sunday edition of The Sun in a week.’
What the agency says ‘A rising star.’
Bext quality The ability to talk to anyone. ‘A trait I get from my nan.’
Brand passion ‘I still get a buzz when I see people reading The Sun on the train. I want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them that I work there.’
Advice to younger self ‘The customer is king. You won’t go far wrong if you keep that front of mind in everything you do.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London