Power 100 Next Generation: Carrie Osman, dog portfolio manager, Mars Petcare
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
What the agency says ‘A rising star showing incredible flair for her core craft of brand portfolio management as well as business change and innovation.'
Work beyond years and peers During her six-year tenure, she has grown share for the Pedigree can to its highest ever position (£80m, up 7% in the year to date, making it the fastest-growing brand in the market). She’s reinvigorated the brand through the 'Good Honest Food' campaign, championed the four-a-day push and delivered innovation, such as the Pedigree Health sub-range.
Brand passion ‘Passion and individuality are cherished and that's why I bounce into work every day.’
Advice to an even-younger self ‘If you don't stand for something you will fall for everything’
Inspirations ‘People who believe there is a better way: Paralympians, marketers, CEOs. Seth Godin’s blog, the Gaping Void blog and Ted Talks also inspire me.’
Proudest project ‘Turning around Pedigree can, changing 30 recipes, improving communications, improving the product, boosting profitability. My team have now led us to our highest share in five years.’
Three words to describe yourself ‘Playful, challenging, curious.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)