Power 100 Next Generation: Heather Mills, brand manager, LOCOG
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
What the boss says ‘Preparing for the Games, she has managed multiple stakeholders, agencies and sponsors with charm and ease engendering trust from all. A real marketing talent.’
Success beyond years and peers She was a crucial part of the team that created the ‘Games Maker’ brand from the thousands of volunteers at the London 2012 Games. As well as handling the huge data task of contacting all the people who had expressed an interest in volunteering, she also co-produced more than 30 short films for the eCRM campaign, featuring high profile talent like Eddie Izzard and Idris Elba.
Advice to even-younger self ‘I started my time at London 2012 with a two week unpaid internship in January 2009 but it got my foot in the door. Be prepared to roll your sleeves up, work hard and put the hours in.’
Marketing trend to watch ‘Data that allows you to have a conversation with your audience. But you need to use it in the right way.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes