Power 100 Next Generation: Sally Oldfield, senior brand manager, Cow & Gate, Danone
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Track record Her brand experience already includes stints at Rolls-Royce, Dyson and Kraft.
Work beyond years and peers She is behind the ‘Feed their Personalities’ repositioning of the brand, which led to the two minute version going viral within 48 hours, garnering more than 200,000 hits in a week.
Advice to younger self ‘Have more confidence. Seek out those challenges that make you feel a bit uncomfortable but actually can really accelerate your career.’
Brand passion ‘I love what I do and enjoy the variety that each day brings, even if making TV ads is not as glamorous as I expected when a teenager.’
What others say ‘Her sharp creative judgment and passion have been critical to the success of Cow & Gate’s new campaign.’
Brand focus ‘I love watching focus groups and seeing the consumer's reaction to an idea, concept or product. Then going away to figure out how you can come up with something that really answers an un-met need or identifying a way to talk to them that feels new, unique and different.’
Living the brand ‘I am probably on some kind of personal crusade to impart my baby knowledge to any friend or family member with a toddler, or little one approaching that age. So much so, my fiancé now knows all the reasons why Growing Up Milk is so important and can almost verbatim recite the features and benefits to his friends with kids.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London