Power 100 Next Generation: Caroline Dundas, take-to-market manager, communication innovation, O2 UK
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Career X-Factor: Her love of technology and learning how things work first hand. A self-confessed ‘girlie geek’, she’s a valuable bridge internally between the techie and marketing teams.
Work beyond years and peers: Her wealth of experience at small companies has given her a broad, hands-on knowledge and an entrepreneurial, nimble spirit that big companies like O2 are crying out for.
Advice to even younger self: ‘Be curious. Ask the right questions at the right time. Really strive to be an expert in something.’
Top tip for getting on: ‘Empathise with others, your customers and your colleagues. Put yourself in their shoes and tailor your communication accordingly.’
Top marketing trend to watch: ‘Nimble developer outfits and start-ups are prizing market share away from traditional software and network providers. We'll need to find more flexible and dynamic ways of working if we're to compete on those terms.’
Inspirations: Cilla Snowball and Andrew McGuiness.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London