Power 100 Next Generation: Caroline Dundas, take-to-market manager, communication innovation, O2 UK
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Career X-Factor: Her love of technology and learning how things work first hand. A self-confessed ‘girlie geek’, she’s a valuable bridge internally between the techie and marketing teams.
Work beyond years and peers: Her wealth of experience at small companies has given her a broad, hands-on knowledge and an entrepreneurial, nimble spirit that big companies like O2 are crying out for.
Advice to even younger self: ‘Be curious. Ask the right questions at the right time. Really strive to be an expert in something.’
Top tip for getting on: ‘Empathise with others, your customers and your colleagues. Put yourself in their shoes and tailor your communication accordingly.’
Top marketing trend to watch: ‘Nimble developer outfits and start-ups are prizing market share away from traditional software and network providers. We'll need to find more flexible and dynamic ways of working if we're to compete on those terms.’
Inspirations: Cilla Snowball and Andrew McGuiness.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...