Power 100 Next Generation: Sarah Ellis, head of content, Sainsbury's
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
What others say: ‘She gets content and the new world. She’s prepared to challenge the status quo. She has an unusual lack of ego, underpinned by great confidence.’
CV Standout: She is being sponsored to go to Harvard after winning a place on the WACL Future Leaders Fund programme. Already achieved distinction in an executive MBA at Warwick University and was selected for the Marketing Academy in 2011.
Advice to even younger self: ‘Seek out brands you are passionate about and roles that play to your strengths – you will be better at something if you enjoy it.’
Work beyond years and peers: Successfully set up award-winning content functions in Barclays and Sainsbury’s, clearly demonstrating the benefits to the rest of the business.
Passion: She has recently launched her own not-for-profit enterprise and accompanying blog, www.magpiemarketingblog.com, with a view to sharing her learning experiences with other marketers.
What the industry says: ‘She’s a real innovator and driver of change, making a huge impact in big organisations.’
Top marketing trend to watch: ‘The use of data to personalise customer experiences as it allows brands to offer relevant, helpful and engaging content that treats everyone as an individual.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)