John Lewis and Waitrose rub shoulders in first shared store
The John Lewis Partnership has opened its first joint Waitrose and John Lewis offering as part of a £12m development in Ipswich.
John Lewis Partnership: opens first joint Waitrose and John Lewis store in Ipswich
The John Lewis At Home and Waitrose stores share an entrance and a customer café and sit side by side in order to allow shoppers to benefit from convenient access to product ranges in both shops.
Nigel Keen, property and development director at Waitrose, said the John Lewis Partnership was "looking forward to seeing the reaction of shoppers to our stores being alongside each other in this way for the first time".
Despite being sister brands, there is a degree of rivalry between John Lewis and Waitrose, as suggested by recent differences over their Christmas campaigns, although the brands are increasingly working together to complement each other's offerings.
Last year, John Lewis launched a virtual store by trialling a QR code window display in Waitrose.
John Lewis At Home Ipswich features 43,000 sq ft of selling space over two floors, including computer terminals to allow shoppers to browse the wider John Lewis range.
Waitrose Ipswich extends over 27,000 sq ft and includes bakery, meat, fish, cheese and deli counters, and ranges such as essential Waitrose, Heston from Waitrose and Duchy Originals from Waitrose.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...