Sainsbury's poaches three senior figures to bolster marketing team
Sainsbury's has made three hires from O2, Mindshare and Lloyds as part of a restructure of its marketing team to help deliver more "efficient and integrated marketing campaigns".
Mark Given: moves to Sainsbury's
Mark Given, has who been head of sponsorship at O2 for a year, is joining Sainsbury’s in January as head of brand communications. He previously worked with Sainsbury's marketing director Sarah Warby at Heineken.
Meanwhile, the supermarket is also hiring its first ever head of advertising and media with the hire of Sophia Weir from Mindshare, where she was business director.
Weir will also join in January at the same time as Alex Owens, who is being appointed to a head of insight position from his role as head of strategy at Lloyds Banking Group.
Warby said: "Mark, Alex and Sophia are great additions to the team, and will help us continue to deliver competitive advantage through efficient and integrated marketing campaigns, under the banner of Live Well for Less."
It is understood the hires are part of a restructure that is designed to alleviate some of the pressure on Warby, following the departure of high-profile marketers from Sainsbury’s including Claire Harrison-Church, the former director of brand communications.
Sainsbury’s is also believed to be attempting to simplify the structure and reporting lines within its marketing team as part of the wider shake-up.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London
- Studio and Resource Manager £30-40 Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Services Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Cheshire