Sainsbury's poaches three senior figures to bolster marketing team
Sainsbury's has made three hires from O2, Mindshare and Lloyds as part of a restructure of its marketing team to help deliver more "efficient and integrated marketing campaigns".
Mark Given: moves to Sainsbury's
Mark Given, has who been head of sponsorship at O2 for a year, is joining Sainsbury’s in January as head of brand communications. He previously worked with Sainsbury's marketing director Sarah Warby at Heineken.
Meanwhile, the supermarket is also hiring its first ever head of advertising and media with the hire of Sophia Weir from Mindshare, where she was business director.
Weir will also join in January at the same time as Alex Owens, who is being appointed to a head of insight position from his role as head of strategy at Lloyds Banking Group.
Warby said: "Mark, Alex and Sophia are great additions to the team, and will help us continue to deliver competitive advantage through efficient and integrated marketing campaigns, under the banner of Live Well for Less."
It is understood the hires are part of a restructure that is designed to alleviate some of the pressure on Warby, following the departure of high-profile marketers from Sainsbury’s including Claire Harrison-Church, the former director of brand communications.
Sainsbury’s is also believed to be attempting to simplify the structure and reporting lines within its marketing team as part of the wider shake-up.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...