Royal Air Force signs first broadcast sponsorship
The Royal Air Force has signed its first broadcast sponsorship, a six-month deal covering adventure and outdoors programming on Channel 5.
The RAF will use the sponsorship, which includes shows such as 'Bomb Squad Afghanistan' and 'Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan', to promote both the RAF reserves as well as the regular force.
Channel 5 created the 'Intrepid Adventurer' package for the RAF and other shows it covers are 'Charlie Boorman's Great African Adventure'; 'Chris Tarrant’s Extreme Railways'’ and 'Robson Green's Extreme Fishing Challenge'.
The sponsorship will incorporate RAF branding online on Channel 5 platforms and on the marketing for the individual TV shows.
Andy Richards, squadron leader, RAF Recruit Marketing, said: "Life in the RAF and as an RAF reservist can be challenging and exciting – attributes which are reflected so well in these programmes."
The deal, which starts today (9 November), was negotiated on the RAF's behalf by WPP's M4C and the creative was designed by Channel 5's in-house creative team.
Sonia Cunningham, AV business director at M4C, said: "After a rigorous selection process we found that the Channel 5 Intrepid Adventurer strand was the ideal fit for the branding and values of the RAF, offering the right levels of longevity and frequency."
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director, Channel 5, said: "The RAF has recognised that Channel 5's wide range of programming focussing on adventure and extreme scenarios, is an effective vehicle to drive recruitment among their target audience."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London