Royal Air Force signs first broadcast sponsorship
The Royal Air Force has signed its first broadcast sponsorship, a six-month deal covering adventure and outdoors programming on Channel 5.
The RAF will use the sponsorship, which includes shows such as 'Bomb Squad Afghanistan' and 'Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan', to promote both the RAF reserves as well as the regular force.
Channel 5 created the 'Intrepid Adventurer' package for the RAF and other shows it covers are 'Charlie Boorman's Great African Adventure'; 'Chris Tarrant’s Extreme Railways'’ and 'Robson Green's Extreme Fishing Challenge'.
The sponsorship will incorporate RAF branding online on Channel 5 platforms and on the marketing for the individual TV shows.
Andy Richards, squadron leader, RAF Recruit Marketing, said: "Life in the RAF and as an RAF reservist can be challenging and exciting – attributes which are reflected so well in these programmes."
The deal, which starts today (9 November), was negotiated on the RAF's behalf by WPP's M4C and the creative was designed by Channel 5's in-house creative team.
Sonia Cunningham, AV business director at M4C, said: "After a rigorous selection process we found that the Channel 5 Intrepid Adventurer strand was the ideal fit for the branding and values of the RAF, offering the right levels of longevity and frequency."
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director, Channel 5, said: "The RAF has recognised that Channel 5's wide range of programming focussing on adventure and extreme scenarios, is an effective vehicle to drive recruitment among their target audience."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...