Dove strengthens rugby tie-up to boost men's range
Unilever is placing rugby at the heart of its marketing strategy for its Dove Men+Care range.
Dove: men's range ties-up with rugby
The brand has taken major strides into rugby union with the announcement of partnerships for its Dove Men+Care brand with both the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) and the Scottish Rugby Union (SRU).
The deals complement the brand's existing partnership with Europe's top club tournaments the Heineken Cup, the Amlin Challenge Cup, as well as its title sponsor of Wales' Autumn Internationals, the Dove Men’s Series.
Under the new deal with the IRFU, Dove Men+Care will enjoy extensive match day branding rights at the Aviva Stadium, experiential and sampling rights, as well as access to national team players and corporate hospitality. The deal gets underway on Saturday, when Ireland take on South Africa in the first Guinness Series.
Commenting on the deal, John Savage, brand manager for Dove Men+Care said: "We have witnessed the strength of Irish rugby at club level through our association with Heineken Cup and this official partnership with the IRFU was a natural progression for our involvement with the sport in Ireland. We will use the partnership to further engage with Irish rugby fans across the country."
The partnership with the SRU is a similar deal and spans the team’s upcoming EMC Tests versus New Zealand, South Africa and Tonga later this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...