Power 100 Next Generation: Tomas Walker, acquisition communications and customer experience manager, EDF
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
EDF's Tomas Walker
Early indicator: His entrepreneurial streak, which he puts down to good genes. ‘My parents are civil servants, but I’m an entrepreneur at heart. I started my first business, a mobile disco, when I was 14.’
Work beyond years and peers: He is behind EDF Energy’s biggest and most successful direct response campaign in its history. This spanned press, inserts, digital, email and below-the-line activity and the campaign performed far beyond expectations, particularly with regard to the social media chatter it triggered.
Marketing trend to watch: ‘Data: organisations that develop the ability to quickly absorb, analyse and act on the ever increasing volumes of data that customers are creating will be able to engage consumers in much more meaningful ways.’
What the agency says: ‘He has taken a characteristically bold approach to meeting, then exceeding his targets, while also making sure that the classical tenets of direct response marketing are adhered to.’
Brand passion: ‘My passion for my brand fuels the hard work, the long hours and the dedication that I put into my role every day to ensure I am successful at what I do.’
Advice to even younger self: ‘Stick with it and don’t get disheartened when things don’t work out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...