Power 100 Next Generation: Tomas Walker, acquisition communications and customer experience manager, EDF
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
EDF's Tomas Walker
Early indicator: His entrepreneurial streak, which he puts down to good genes. ‘My parents are civil servants, but I’m an entrepreneur at heart. I started my first business, a mobile disco, when I was 14.’
Work beyond years and peers: He is behind EDF Energy’s biggest and most successful direct response campaign in its history. This spanned press, inserts, digital, email and below-the-line activity and the campaign performed far beyond expectations, particularly with regard to the social media chatter it triggered.
Marketing trend to watch: ‘Data: organisations that develop the ability to quickly absorb, analyse and act on the ever increasing volumes of data that customers are creating will be able to engage consumers in much more meaningful ways.’
What the agency says: ‘He has taken a characteristically bold approach to meeting, then exceeding his targets, while also making sure that the classical tenets of direct response marketing are adhered to.’
Brand passion: ‘My passion for my brand fuels the hard work, the long hours and the dedication that I put into my role every day to ensure I am successful at what I do.’
Advice to even younger self: ‘Stick with it and don’t get disheartened when things don’t work out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...