Louis Spence gags Gio in GoCompare's festive spot
Louis Spence, the 'Dancing On Ice' judge, saves the nation from listening to Gio Compario, GoCompare's operatic brand character, perform his signature song, in the price comparison site's Christmas ad.
The TV spot, created by Dare, forms part of the comparison site’s ‘Saving the Nation’ campaign. It features Spence switching on some Christmas lights, but the power being used to control Gio Compario’s movements, who is tied up in tinsel and forced to dance to a video of Spence.
It launches today and will be supported by a radio, press and digital campaign.
The media for the campaign was handled by Carat. The creative directors were Nick Bird and Lee Smith and production was by Moxie Pictures.
Previous executions feature celebrities including Stuart Pearce, Ray Mears and Sue Barker finding ways to silence Gio. This is the first time his jingle has not features in its advertising.
Kevin Hughes, chief finance and marketing officer, Gocompare, said: "This is also the only instalment that will not feature the famous "Go Compare!" song. We know that some people find the song annoying so this is our gift to the nation at Christmas."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Account Executive AF Selection Up to £22,000, West Midlands
- Marketing Executive AF Selection £22,000, Manchester