Morrisons avoids 'perfect' Christmas cliché with surreal ad
Morrisons is avoiding using the cliché of the "picture-perfect day" for its Christmas campaign, with a surreal TV ad dramatising a mum's hard work including eye-catching scenes such as wrestling a turkey.
The ad is a departure from the brand’s previous celebrity led-creative and aims to show the story of a family Christmas unfolding.
DLKW Lowe created the ad that features surreal scenes including the mum, played by 'This is England' actress Jo Hartley, wrestling a turkey.
Music for the campaign was created by Oscar-nominated American movie composer John Debney, who was nominated for his 'The Passion of The Christ' score.
The 60-second spot is being supported by shortened 20-second executions shot with the same cast and in the same style, and focusing on the expertise of its in-store specialists.
Facebook activity includes a competition called Crimes Against Christmas, which invites users to share images embarrassing images from past Christmases, including dodgy jumpers and food disasters.
Former commercial director Richard Hodgson, whose departure from the company was revealed last week, described the new creative direction as an attempt to demonstrate that "we understand our customers and resonate with the challenges they face in the run-up to Christmas".
The 60-second TV spot launched yesterday (11 November) during 'The X Factor' results show.
MEC handled the media planning and buying, while the production company was Academy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...