Microsoft whips up 'Banksy-esque' Surface street art
Microsoft is targeting trendsetters and early adopters with a "Banksy-esque" street art campaign for its Surface tablet.
Microsoft: Surface street art campaign
The tech giant has graffitied various buildings, pavements and walls in 30 urban sites in the UK with Surface artwork.
The ads are created with chalk and vinyl, though one site in London is in ultra-violet (UV) material, and the tallest 12 metres high. The ads do not have a call to action and the campaign will not be supported by social media or other media activity.
Instead, Microsoft hopes the content will be shared organically, which it says will make it "more authentic". It will be measuring the reach of the campaign with social buzz monitoring.
UM London handled the media for the campaign, working with ambient advertising specialist Curb.
This is the first time Microsoft has used ambient out of home advertising before, and the campaign marks a creative diversion from the brand’s usual marketing activity.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...