Microsoft whips up 'Banksy-esque' Surface street art
Microsoft is targeting trendsetters and early adopters with a "Banksy-esque" street art campaign for its Surface tablet.
Microsoft: Surface street art campaign
The tech giant has graffitied various buildings, pavements and walls in 30 urban sites in the UK with Surface artwork.
The ads are created with chalk and vinyl, though one site in London is in ultra-violet (UV) material, and the tallest 12 metres high. The ads do not have a call to action and the campaign will not be supported by social media or other media activity.
Instead, Microsoft hopes the content will be shared organically, which it says will make it "more authentic". It will be measuring the reach of the campaign with social buzz monitoring.
UM London handled the media for the campaign, working with ambient advertising specialist Curb.
This is the first time Microsoft has used ambient out of home advertising before, and the campaign marks a creative diversion from the brand’s usual marketing activity.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London