Coke sets out plan for 'more agile' marketing
Coca-Cola is looking to become more 'agile' in its UK marketing approach, inspired by a tactical campaign launched by Unilever brand Lynx in the wake of the publication of photos of a naked Prince Harry in August.
Coca-Cola: planning 'more agile' marketing strategy
Zoe Howorth, GB marketing director for Coca-Cola, said she is determined to engage consumers with 'relevant' advertising, as well as continuing the soft-drinks firm's planned brand activity.
She cited the example of a Lynx ad (see below), which tapped into the scandal of Prince Harry being photographed in Las Vegas. The ad parodied the 'Keep calm and carry on' posters, stating, 'Sorry Harry if it had anything to do with us,' and signed off with 'The Lynx effect' strapline.
Speaking exclusively to Marketing, Howorth said: 'What happened [with Lynx] was that the world was talking about Prince Harry, but Unilever flipped the conversation to talk about the benefits of Lynx in a funny, current way.
'That is not profiteering the situation, that's being relevant, and demonstrates another way to keep part of consumers' conversations and popular culture, which is part of Coke's overall aim,' she added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client-side PPC / SEM executive - £25K - Central London Digital Gurus £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London