Tesco-owned Blinkbox brings in Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring
Tesco's movie and TV on-demand service Blinkbox has brought in extra comms help as it battles for a bigger place in the market.
Blinkbox: Ads will involve a boxer and reference movies including Magic Mike
Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring have been called in for project work by the Blinkbox team as it seeks to engage consumers with creative projects.
The news comes as the first major TV campaign is launched around the service, and amid efforts to differentiate it from rivals such as Netflix.
Ben Ayers, head of PR at Blinkbox, said: ‘Our focus is two-fold. We want to bring clarity to a confusing and cluttered marketplace by telling our simple story – we are different to Netflix, LoveFilm and Sky as we have the latest films and TV without subscription. Plus, we will use tactical PR and social media activity to position ourselves as a customer-centric brand, coming to the rescue of people’s entertainment woes.’
PRWeek reported that extra comms aid was being sought for the service in addition to Shine Communications, which has worked on a consumer media education campaign and is retained for press office duties.
The ‘Blinkbox to the Rescue' ads were conceived by creative agency Karmarama and are set to include a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after his corner men show him the latest film releases between rounds.
It is understood that Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring will be tapped for ideas to support the above-the-line work, with social media also a strong focus for Blinkbox.
Tesco bought an 80 per cent stake in Blinkbox in 2011.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire