Tesco-owned Blinkbox brings in Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring
Tesco's movie and TV on-demand service Blinkbox has brought in extra comms help as it battles for a bigger place in the market.
Blinkbox: Ads will involve a boxer and reference movies including Magic Mike
Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring have been called in for project work by the Blinkbox team as it seeks to engage consumers with creative projects.
The news comes as the first major TV campaign is launched around the service, and amid efforts to differentiate it from rivals such as Netflix.
Ben Ayers, head of PR at Blinkbox, said: ‘Our focus is two-fold. We want to bring clarity to a confusing and cluttered marketplace by telling our simple story – we are different to Netflix, LoveFilm and Sky as we have the latest films and TV without subscription. Plus, we will use tactical PR and social media activity to position ourselves as a customer-centric brand, coming to the rescue of people’s entertainment woes.’
PRWeek reported that extra comms aid was being sought for the service in addition to Shine Communications, which has worked on a consumer media education campaign and is retained for press office duties.
The ‘Blinkbox to the Rescue' ads were conceived by creative agency Karmarama and are set to include a struggling boxer whose fortunes are turned around after his corner men show him the latest film releases between rounds.
It is understood that Hope & Glory PR and Taylor Herring will be tapped for ideas to support the above-the-line work, with social media also a strong focus for Blinkbox.
Tesco bought an 80 per cent stake in Blinkbox in 2011.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London