ITV forecasts 2% decline in fourth quarter ad revenues
ITV is expecting its ad revenues over the year to come out "broadly flat" after a 6% drop in Q3 and a predicted 2% drop in Q4.
Adam Crozier: chief executive, ITV
Britain’s main commercial broadcaster claimed it still expected to outperform the TV market in 2012, during which its viewing performance was unremarkable, with its share of commercial impacts (SOCI) dropping from 39.4% to 38.2%.
Adam Crozier, chief executive, blamed this on the number of unique events such as the Jubilee, Olympics and Paralympics, taking comfort from the fact that "nine out of the top 10 programmes aired will not return next year".
The broadcaster claimed the 6% drop in Q3 ad revenue, which puts its ad revenues for the first nine months of the year very slightly up year on year to £1.08bn, was "in line with our expectations".
Overall revenue for the first nine months of the year, which includes production income, grew 4% year on year to £1.57bn.
ITV's advertising team outperformed Sky Media in the third quarter, as the satellite broadcaster’s ad revenues dropped 9.5% to £95m.
Media agencies surveyed in October expected the TV ad market to decline by between 2% and 3% on year in the final three months of 2012, although ITV and Sky Media were both predicted to outperform the market across the quarter.
They expected the TV ad market to decline by around 3% year on year in October, 2% in November and between 2% and 5 % in December. This is predicted to contribute to a 0.8% to 1% decline in total TV ad revenue across 2012.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...