Holly Willoughby and James Corden push Microsoft phone
Holly Willoughby and James Corden talk about how they use their Windows-equipped phones in two Microsoft ads that introduce the strapline, "The smartphone reinvented around you".
Creative from the "James grown-up" spot featuring 'Gavin and Stacey' star Corden shows him using a Windows Phone in a café and saying he got the phone because he is a "proper grown-up", before getting distracted by the Xbox app on the phone.
The spot featuring 'This Morning' presenter Willoughby focuses on her family life and how her kids can play on a ‘Slurping Frogs app’ while she cooks for them.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s London office created the UK ads, which both end with the TV stars stating "That's me – this is my Windows Phone".
The two executions are being supported by a wider "manifesto" ad that is running globally and has been adapted for each market, with the UK adaptation featuring a cameo from Willoughby in her capacity as a working mother.
Windows Phone’s manifesto ad is pushing a "We are not for everyone, we are for the individual" message, to drive awareness of the ability to personalise the tile-based system used in the Windows Phone operating system.
The TV campaign is being supported by social media activity on Facebook and Twitter, which is being handled by Wunderman.
Willoughby has tweeted about the campaign from her personal Twitter account, where she has three million followers, in order to drive people to the Facebook page to watch the ad.
One Twitter wag said "I wonder if her and Schofie used it [Windows Phone] for their world-class investigative journalism research" in reference to 'This Morning' co-presenter Philip Schofield showing David Cameron on live TV a list of alleged paedophiles he had found on the web.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...