Kreab Gavin Anderson called in to help BBC inquiry
Kreab Gavin Anderson has been brought in to provide comms help to the Pollard Inquiry into the BBC's handling of the Jimmy Savile investigation.
Crisis: The BBC is under inquiry
The BBC has called on Nick Pollard, a former head of Sky News, to carry out an independent inquiry into the corporation’s decision last year to axe a Newsnight investigation into sexual abuse by Savile.
The Kreab team is being led by partner James Benjamin.
PRWeek can also reveal BBC comms director Paul Mylrea and head of press and media relations Julian Payne have been asked to give evidence.
Before his resignation on Saturday, director-general George Entwistle announced last month that the BBC was launching the inquiry.
Following Entwistle’s departure, the BBC's director of News Helen Boaden and her deputy Stephen Mitchell have also announced they will ‘step aside’ from their roles, pending the results of the inquiry.
The BBC has also begun disciplinary measures against a number of those involved in the decision to run the Newsnight report on care homes in north Wales.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...