Kreab Gavin Anderson called in to help BBC inquiry
Kreab Gavin Anderson has been brought in to provide comms help to the Pollard Inquiry into the BBC's handling of the Jimmy Savile investigation.
Crisis: The BBC is under inquiry
The BBC has called on Nick Pollard, a former head of Sky News, to carry out an independent inquiry into the corporation’s decision last year to axe a Newsnight investigation into sexual abuse by Savile.
The Kreab team is being led by partner James Benjamin.
PRWeek can also reveal BBC comms director Paul Mylrea and head of press and media relations Julian Payne have been asked to give evidence.
Before his resignation on Saturday, director-general George Entwistle announced last month that the BBC was launching the inquiry.
Following Entwistle’s departure, the BBC's director of News Helen Boaden and her deputy Stephen Mitchell have also announced they will ‘step aside’ from their roles, pending the results of the inquiry.
The BBC has also begun disciplinary measures against a number of those involved in the decision to run the Newsnight report on care homes in north Wales.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)