Call of Duty title becomes fastest-selling game
Activision's 'Call of Duty: Black Ops II', which was promoted by a big-budget ad directed by Guy Ritchie, has sold eight million copies on its first day of release.
The total makes it the fastest-selling game to date, beating last week’s release of rival shoot-em-up title ‘Halo 4’.
‘Black Ops II’ is available on Sony PlayStation3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
It has been extensively promoted with a 60-second ad featuring Hollywood stars Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black and Zach Galafianakis. The ad was created by US agency 72andSunny.
In March Activision reappointed WPP's MEC as its media agency in all markets outside North America, including the UK, while Omnicom's OMD retained the business in North America.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...