Call of Duty title becomes fastest-selling game
Activision's 'Call of Duty: Black Ops II', which was promoted by a big-budget ad directed by Guy Ritchie, has sold eight million copies on its first day of release.
The total makes it the fastest-selling game to date, beating last week’s release of rival shoot-em-up title ‘Halo 4’.
‘Black Ops II’ is available on Sony PlayStation3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
It has been extensively promoted with a 60-second ad featuring Hollywood stars Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black and Zach Galafianakis. The ad was created by US agency 72andSunny.
In March Activision reappointed WPP's MEC as its media agency in all markets outside North America, including the UK, while Omnicom's OMD retained the business in North America.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)