Call of Duty title becomes fastest-selling game
Activision's 'Call of Duty: Black Ops II', which was promoted by a big-budget ad directed by Guy Ritchie, has sold eight million copies on its first day of release.
The total makes it the fastest-selling game to date, beating last week’s release of rival shoot-em-up title ‘Halo 4’.
‘Black Ops II’ is available on Sony PlayStation3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
It has been extensively promoted with a 60-second ad featuring Hollywood stars Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black and Zach Galafianakis. The ad was created by US agency 72andSunny.
In March Activision reappointed WPP's MEC as its media agency in all markets outside North America, including the UK, while Omnicom's OMD retained the business in North America.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)