Government clamps down on claims ads
The Government is to tighten the rules for ads by claims management companies after growing criticism of aggressive marketing campaigns.
Claims ads…companies accused of preying on the vulnerable
The companies will no longer be able to say they are "regulated by the Ministry of Justice" in TV ads following complaints that they used this as a "badge of honour" to reassure consumers.
MPs warned the change would not go far enough and demanded a further clampdown on the companies, which are accused of preying on vulnerable people by offering to submit claims for personal injuries and the mis-selling of personal protection insurance against job loss.
Helen Grant, a justice minister, admitted that some companies were involved in "aggressive marketing techniques" that caused a "nuisance" for the public.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London