Government clamps down on claims ads
The Government is to tighten the rules for ads by claims management companies after growing criticism of aggressive marketing campaigns.
Claims ads…companies accused of preying on the vulnerable
The companies will no longer be able to say they are "regulated by the Ministry of Justice" in TV ads following complaints that they used this as a "badge of honour" to reassure consumers.
MPs warned the change would not go far enough and demanded a further clampdown on the companies, which are accused of preying on vulnerable people by offering to submit claims for personal injuries and the mis-selling of personal protection insurance against job loss.
Helen Grant, a justice minister, admitted that some companies were involved in "aggressive marketing techniques" that caused a "nuisance" for the public.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)