Government clamps down on claims ads
The Government is to tighten the rules for ads by claims management companies after growing criticism of aggressive marketing campaigns.
Claims ads…companies accused of preying on the vulnerable
The companies will no longer be able to say they are "regulated by the Ministry of Justice" in TV ads following complaints that they used this as a "badge of honour" to reassure consumers.
MPs warned the change would not go far enough and demanded a further clampdown on the companies, which are accused of preying on vulnerable people by offering to submit claims for personal injuries and the mis-selling of personal protection insurance against job loss.
Helen Grant, a justice minister, admitted that some companies were involved in "aggressive marketing techniques" that caused a "nuisance" for the public.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)