Government clamps down on claims ads
The Government is to tighten the rules for ads by claims management companies after growing criticism of aggressive marketing campaigns.
Claims ads…companies accused of preying on the vulnerable
The companies will no longer be able to say they are "regulated by the Ministry of Justice" in TV ads following complaints that they used this as a "badge of honour" to reassure consumers.
MPs warned the change would not go far enough and demanded a further clampdown on the companies, which are accused of preying on vulnerable people by offering to submit claims for personal injuries and the mis-selling of personal protection insurance against job loss.
Helen Grant, a justice minister, admitted that some companies were involved in "aggressive marketing techniques" that caused a "nuisance" for the public.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Mid-Senior Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Egham