Superdrug kicks off £5m creative contest
Superdrug, the UK's second-largest health and beauty retailer, is reviewing its £5 million advertising account.
Superdrug: HMDG used Page in its first TV work in ten years
The brand has opened talks with agencies as part of the review process, which is in the early stages.
Superdrug currently works with the branding agency Uber, which created the brand's most recent TV spot.
The retailer split with its last retained agency HMDG earlier this year and moved to working with agencies on a project basis. Uber won a brief to create Superdrug's summer TV campaign in May after a pitch.
HMDG created Superdrug's first TV ad campaign for ten years, fronted by the Gavin & Stacey actress Joanna Page.
In May last year, the retailer rolled out a major above-the-line campaign, also featuring Page, to promote the launch of its Beautycard loyalty scheme in an attempt to increase pressure on its rival, the market leader Boots.
Before HMDG’s appointment, Havas Worldwide London, then known as Euro RSCG London, worked on the business.
Superdrug, which is owned by the international retailer AS Watson, recently entered into a partnership with the parenting support club Bounty, which gives it access to Bounty’s database of 840,000 members.
ZenithOptimedia retained the combined UK media planning and buying account for Superdrug and its sister brand The Perfume Shop in February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)