Innocent reviews creative account again after change in marketing chief
Innocent, the smoothies manufacturer and serial advertising account reviewer, has put its £6 million creative business up for pitch.
Innocent: the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is not repitching for the business
The incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is not repitching in a review co-ordinated by Agency Insight and overseen by Innocent’s marketing director, Douglas Lamont.
Lamont said that he is looking for an agency to work on a series of brand activities in 2013 and that RKCR/Y&R will not be involved "due to other client commitments".
Innocent called three aborted pitches over a 15-month period during 2007 and 2008.
In 2009, the drinks company handed the account to Fallon, having previously overseen advertising in-house, but called another pitch one year later and awarded the business to RKCR/Y&R.
RKCR/Y&R’s first ad for Innocent showed how its smoothies can save people from the temptations of unhealthy food with the strapline: "Here to save the peckish."
Lamont replaced Thomas Delabriere, who left earlier this year to join the chocolate-maker Mars to run its bitesize portfolio.
Innocent was founded in 1999 by Richard Reed, Adam Balon and Jon Wright. The three retain majority voting rights.
Coca-Cola holds a majority stake in the business. There has been speculation recently that it was looking to take full ownership of the brand.
The media account, handled by Vizeum, is not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)